Name encounter
It took me two months to get her name and there is my heroism behind it to get. It was not all easy to get her name, although I had bribed all my friends to get it, as they would get anything they want, for it. But what happens happens for good. It was my fate to get it and I got it. I was in the canteen deciding for lunch when all of a sudden I heard someone saying..”Abey Vinay, teri waali”. Next thing was a broom in my mind and my eyes rolled every corner of the food court, but for a moment I stopped. “Whom am I searching by the way” I asked Stalin. Stalin’s look said it all. I was searching those grey eyes by now when my eyes struck on a beautiful woman, wearing a green long top, with white duppatta embracing her neck and white fit pants. I was standing still there just imagining how anyone can be so beautiful. I don’t know what Vijay caterers were serving that day, but still I had the coupon in my hand and I headed towards her. My heart started pounding very fast at every step I took. A mere 10 mts walk seemed to be a walk of lifetime. Finally I was there, standing just beside her. Which perfume do girls use; they make your senses go numb, or was it her body smell that hypnotized me. For a moment I was just looking into her eyes, those grey eyes. She has a very cute face, with some darkness below her eyes and few golden hairs that she intentionally tugs behind her ears. All girls do that, and all guys like it. I guess this is something eternal. Girls know how to make their point. Anyways all I knew after few seconds that guys who took the coupon after me, were standing before me. Her eyes made me stay apart from the queue and others joined. Never mind I said to myself, at least I was close. I had to talk to her, I was cursing myself for not getting ideas at that point of time, and moreover she was with her brothers, so there was no chance for me to say something stupid. I wanted to say a simple “Hi”, but what came out of my mouth was completely different. “Are you in the queue?” All I could ask. Damn! Everybody out there knew that she was not in the queue; I mean she was nowhere near the queue, yet this stupid question came out of my mouth. “No I am not, and I am sorry” She said. Time for self-cursing again, first time she talked with me and she had to say sorry.. Damn it yaar. I was so embarrassed. But at this time when she turned I could read that name on her ID..” Sunaina Suhas Patwardhan” and I was on the seventh heaven. I did it, I got her name and I was so proud of myself. I wanted to tell everybody in the food court that I could get the name of my life. But as I turned, she had left and I was on earth. I handed my coupon to the waiter and the tasty butter chicken was on my plate. I came to Stalin and all he could offer was a wicked smile. This is how I got her name.
The day when I first saw her
It was yet another dejected morning for the losers in love. Yeah Stalin and I can write a book on how to not get a girl friend and yet cribbing over it. We have the same routine, at 8:30 a.m. we rush to FC-2 not just to have breakfast, but also to make our morning fresh. Swanand do accompany us, but he has nothing to do with the girl friend stuff. Stalin calls a bunch of people as “Napunsak”. These are the people who have no problems if others have girl friends. Their only motto is “they’ll love their wife”. Even God has now started taking interest in marofying ours. Why the hell only couples have to walk in front of us? Why do they have to do all that kuchiku stuff when we are around? Does God laugh on our condition? He must be having a good time watching us. All Stalin could curse his fate and next was Jesus, he was sure that it was God who is behind all this. “How man?” I shrugged. “If you have a girl friend, its your charm, and if you don’t, it’s a conspiracy” I said in a tone, which I guess offended Stalin. “You don’t know him” Stalin said. I didn’t want to argue on such stupid stuff and so we moved on. As we reached FC, a cool breeze flew past my ears; the morning breeze, it always freshens you up. I wonder why companies don’t catch the breeze and sell it. It would make market more than the “Red Bull”. It was the Off Beat for today as decided and Stalin was standing in the queue as always. We were chatting on the social issues guys like us face everyday. Our social issue was “Why doesn’t any girl even look at us?”. I mean we are tall, handsome, good looking and much better than those mules walking hand n hand with their girl friends. “Do girls even have brains to choose a guy?” I slapped a question to Stalin. He smiled on my restlessness and pointed above. “What the heck “ I said “he has much better work than to ruin our bachelor life”. “Paap, paap jo kiye hain na humne, uska punishment hai yeh” Stalin said. I smirked on my fate and we were quiet for a while, only when the same breeze flew by my ears. I had no other option to turn around. I was immobilized, stunned and what not to see that face. How on earth can anyone be so beautiful and so simple? Her smile reflected on my face and my tongue came out. I was watching her so intensely that I could hear her heart beat. She has this little canine tooth little bent inside to add flavor to her smile. Her eyes when winked made me feel I lost a skip of my heart. Her skin was so flawless and smooth. I would have suggested her name to endorse the Recova cream. She was perfect in every aspect. The few golden hairs mixed with the black ones, were glowing like a light of hope. All sorts of feelings were running in my mind. Whether should I talk with her, or should I tell my parents first, how happy will they be? What to tell her? Should I approach her now or later? What can be her name? What will be our kids name? I was all in dreams when a familiar voice haunted my ears. “Saale aise dekhega toh who bhag jaayegi” Stalin interrupted. That was me who was in love at the first sight. Before I could say anything she left and I was having my breakfast with the most beautiful guys on earth; Stalin and Swanand. All I could look up and smirk again on the conspiracy.
Days before name encounter
Days passed by and I did not get chance to see her again. I was busy in my project and had to keep my heart happy by shopping girls on my floor. But there was some hope that she had left in me, that I would see her again. After a couple of days, our not-wanted Gang was in FC for breakfast. What I couldn’t believe on eyes as I saw her again. I ran back to Stalin to ask whether she was the one. Stalin somehow got interested and confirmed. I had to pinch myself twice to believe it. Here was the plot now, we had to get her name anyhow and all gave a hi-five. We were so much into the plan, that no one noticed that she was gone. As we raised our heads up to check her out, she was nowhere. “Do girls eat anything or do they come here just for time pass?” a question raised. However most of the guys were still not convinced that I was actually serious about her, but as a rule of our ATM gang we had to anyhow get her name. I saw a reason to bribe guys here, so that the rule helps my motto. I told Stalin, if you get me her name I’ll buy him a Lacoste t-shirt. We were well with our plan and we did many chances to get her name but these guys were trained best to ruin chances.
It was a traditional day in our office and we all were in jeans. Jeans is our tradition you see. It was Friday, and I was destined to see the most beautiful women in saree. Yes, on that day she was wearing a saree. I was cursing myself for not wearing anything traditional. It seemed that all the guys with me were eventually falling in love with her and I had to pull my nerves up to get these bastards on ground. She passed by me, and all I saw was her beautiful waist. That’s the best thing about saree I guess, you wear a traditional thing, yet you expose a lot to give it a sexy look. “I love desi girls” I murmured. That scene had scandalized me and if ever my heart was beating so fast. I had to cool down else there was a sure case of a heart attack. How can a poor heart handle such a sight? My eyes could read the number of wrinkles her saree had near her navel, the saree was so perfectly tugged around her waist as bee tugs its mouth in the flower to drink the nectar. All I was imagining to be the bee and her waist as a flower. “Here is the chance” Swanand shouted pointing towards Stalin. Stalin had the best chance to read her name from her ID. Stalin took the guard, and rose slightly from the seat, to get a better view. “Just watch her ID, and nothing else” I ordered and Stalin nodded. He was almost there, and she turned and Stalin spilled the tea on the passer by. “Samina Pathan” Stalin said after which I could here only sorry’s from his mouth. My heart broke at that very moment and I looked up. “Are you sure that, she is…” I quizzed Stalin. “I am not sure man, I could not get her name completely, she turned…but her name starts with ‘S’”. I say this is a ray of hope and I was sure that she was Hindu only; ok my heart said and hummed Desi girls arey desi girls. Here we were, lost another chance until that day came…”Name Encounter”
© Vinay Vernekar
Disclaimer: Everything mentioned is just for fun and should not be thought otherwise. Names, places, abbreviations etc mentioned are purely co-incidental and do not intend to anyone living or dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment