Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bangalore DC!!!

Bangalore DC!!! A cultural attack on me as I entered the campus. “Hi, I am lakshmi”, “Hi, am Subramanyam”…Gosh!! are all Gods in Bangalore DC? Lakshmi was so beautiful, I was wondering her name to be something like Supriya, Roma etc anything modern. I could not even stare her with my lusty eyes as I was afraid that she might be some reincarnated Goddess and may curse the hell out of me. Why to take chance, so I thought better not to get into all this. First day, such things happen, I better be in control.

Working in Pune office for almost 3 years, I was quite confident that Bangalore office might have a much better crowd than in Pune. Having said this, I don’t dis-respect the beauties of Pune office, probably it’s just that I was a bit bored greeting same faces. Bangalore office has cute faces and some are really beautiful and that is what motivates us to come to office. Well at this age, it’s not only the challenges that helps us to get pulled to office, it’s the extra boosters (read as girls/women) that act as magnet on us and factually it is required. Now since most of the companies have stopped (refer salary slips) motivating their employees, the onus is on the employees now on how to get self-motivated. As I guy, I know if few more beautiful faces are added in the campus and building floors, none would be late to office, and I would want to assume that same must be true for girls or is the mobile phones? Recent study says girls are more obsessed with their mobile phones rather than guys, bad news though but who cares? We just want to do window shopping!!

Ahh!!! Friday it is. I must say, most of the people really have to get back to SLI (Sinfosys Leadership Institute)to know what to dress and what not to. Who wears a party dress in office? There must be a clear demarcation of what is a informal office wear and what is a party wear. I saw a guy today, wearing a black color t-shirt having an embedded sparkling sliver tie. Over that he was wearing a silky satin white colored body fit jacket. I was like hello!!! are we going to Sinfosys Technologies Ltd. Or Sinfomania Pub. Guys give me a break. The only good this is till now I have not seen any girls wearing a sensuous vampy type of dress here, quite cultured huh!! At last something good to feel about. I may sound very malgudi days guy, but in office one has to behave, at least things which is in our control. Food courts drove me crazy here. My friends always taunted me for the extra bit of appetite I have, but here in Bangalore, the daily routine is like this: Pre_Lunch-Lunch-Pre_Dinner-Dinner. Yes, there is no breakfast or evening snacks kind of thing here. Folks believe in extra healthy diet here; wonder where the food goes? They aren’t fatty as well!! But food here is damn tasty, and vendors know that when you say a South Indian or North Indian Thali, it means they have to serve what they are actually meant to be.

Coming back to Friday again, Friday’s are always meant to be in love, and how could I be any bad with my little heart, and as always a stunning nose got all the attention. Ummm, well I say, every part of girls deserves attention, and this time for me it was nose. To be frank, it wasn’t exactly the nose that scandalized me, it was the jewel which she had worn in her nose that was getting all my attention. Here is an extra gyan that would keep you’ll interested - Indian women regard Nose jewelry as a symbol virginity and is removed in the wedding night symbolizing the end of woman’s virginity (enough of imagination; even I was so uncomfortable to think all this in an early morning bus). Later I found out, that jewel was worth on her nose as it just added more shine on her face. A few stones on that jewel reflected light back and few rays were falling on her eye lashes; she was indeed damn beautiful. I searched her ring finger (both hands, why to take any chance) for any ring in the first place and then the toes; women do wear some sort of ring in their toes when they get married. Result of all eyed interrogation? She was clean, and I was on seventh heaven. It’s when I realized what all I missed in Pune. To know girls closely you need to board company bus, and we thought a pulsar would do the trick. Coming back to the bus-beauty, one hour journey will all “Illa ri’s” and “Summane irru’s” beside me, my eyes were stuck on her, and the journey seemed to enjoyable as ever. Bus entered the company gate, and did not waste time to run behind her. What I missed then was to check around her neck for the divine license, and to my dismay she was wearing one. She was married and I tumbled down from the seventh heaven. A friend of mine used to curse God every time for such pranks on him, even I wanted to do so, but thought to control it and deal with him later. My love story ended like a gist of a boring novel. But not to worry, Bangalore DC has a good back up.

Damn I have not written a mere good thing about Bangalore DC (except the FC’s and Girls), well that’s human nature at its best. We tend to find mistakes first, and that’s how software engineers are built. People here are very shy but at the same time very well mannered and very well cultured. Day starts very early here (I remember Vijay Mallya saying – “Start day early as on bed only prostitutes make money”), and people believe in sparing time for self which is good. 8 out of 10 believed that there is no point staying in office only for the heck of completing hours. This was a complete change over in the attitude I was seeing and much like the way I like to work. As the sun started to come down, legs started to move to the bus-bay. It was then I realized that all attitude shift is just because of the traffic here. It took me 2 hours to reach home!!!

© Vinay Vernekar

Disclaimer: Everything mentioned is just for fun and should not be thought otherwise. Names, places, abbreviations etc mentioned are purely co-incidental and do not intend to anyone living or dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment