Sitting on the couch, I close my eyes and I wonder
I wonder about my heart beat, the light and the thunder
And grown so old, I fail to remember the warmth she gave
The gushing flow of blood around me which made me so brave
My first crawl, my very first step, with the confidence not mine
I knew she would hold if I fall, so that I am all fine
Scared and petrified, a bad dream made me feel dead
My goodnights were only when her lap was my bed
The satisfaction in her eyes when I laugh and smile
The sleepless nights and the restlessness when I was out for a while
For all the troubles I got into, her arms were my safe shore
Neighbors complaints, dads anger, but she could only love and adore
Miles away today, yet I am so much into her
Standing on my own feet, a prick on finger and she would still bother
Each day pass by and I fail to tell how much I love her
She is my angel, my life, a gift from God, she is my Mother.
© Vinay Vernekar
No comments:
Post a Comment